At CSR Martini we focus on producing environmentally neutral and recyclable products through sustainable manufacturing.
Our range of insulation products is manufactured with thermally-bonded polyester fibres, of which up to 80% is made from post consumer (PET) packaging, such as empty drink bottles.
All CSR Martini products are:
- 100% recyclable.
- High reusable potential.
- No chemicals used in the manufacturing process.
- Contain no phenol formaldehyde resin binders.
- Are odourless and contain no harmful volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- No water is used and no waste is generated in the manufacturing process.
- No ozone-depleting gases are used and no chlorides or ammonia are present in the products.
Ecospecifier have completed independent environmental assessments on all our products. What’s more we are active members of the Green Building Council of Australia.
Product Stewardship Program
We understand the environmental lifecycle of our products.
This lies at the heart of our sustainability goals and is now a growing consideration in product decision-making.
Our Product Stewardship Program allows our customers to return clean off cuts and any uncontaminated insulation to us for recycling. We also educate our contractors in the high reusability potential of CSR Martini insulation products.
Green Star™ & Green Building Council of Australia
As an innovative and environmentally responsible manufacturer, CSR Martini is a member of the Green Building Council of Australia. Green Star™ is a comprehensive, national and voluntary rating system that evaluates the environmental design and construction of buildings.
As a member we’re developing sustainable building initiatives and driving the adoption of green building practices throughout Australia.
We focus on building market-based solutions that are cost effective and deliver high-performance products.
With only a minority of Australia's CBD commercial office buildings Green Star™ certified, building green is now a business imperative, and Green Star™ is driving the transition of the Australian property industry towards sustainability by:
- Establishing a common language.
- Setting a standard of measurement for green buildings.
- Promoting integrated, whole-building design.
- Recognising environmental leadership.
- Identifying building life-cycle impacts.
- Raising awareness of green building benefits.